The Blonde Girl from the Old Navy Commercials

A blog devoted to the blonde cutie with the impish voice who sings in the Christmas 2004 Old Navy commercials.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Rest in Peace, Orbach

I was sad to see that Jerry Orbach from Law & Order died today. I used to watch reruns of the show on A&E three or four years ago, and always enjoyed the seasons with Jerry and Chris Noth as the two main characters on the law half of each episode. After the two of them decided to leave, my interest in the show dwindled. Once Ice-T joined the cast of one of the spin-offs, it evaporated completely. In his honor, I will be watching the DVD of Universal Soldier tonight, as it's the only movie in my collection with him in it. It's a shame he wasn't in some better movies before he passed on.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Chris Campbell said…

    I remember him mostly from Dirty Dancing. He played the father of Jennifer Grey's character "Baby". While some may not consider Dirty Dancing a good movie, it's one of the few I don't mind watching over and over. I thought his character was one of the more memorable from the movie.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Webmaster said…

    That would probably have been my choice as well, except that I have somehow managed to avoid that movie since its release. The terrible songs from the movie, however, are another story all together.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Gregerov said…

    The next time he dies, you should honor him by watching "Boogie Nights" over and over again, and relive the moment where he brought 4 underage bums into the studio to perform hanous sexual acts. What a great actor.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Does anyone know who the name of the male actor in the far right of all the old navy commercials?

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jerry Orbach only got in movies an TV in the latter part of his career. He was a multiple Tony award winner for his performances on Broadway. Can't get much better acting than that -- there are no second takes on stage.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger kalisekj said…

    Hi, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours fantastic blog.

    I have a niche site. It pretty much covers how make money with niche marketing.

    Keep it up. I'll check back later im sure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home